First things first: if you are the sort of person who prefers package tours of the Chan Brothers variety, you are probably not going to enjoy Chai. If you do not fall into the package-tour category, and you genuinely enjoy travel (not be confused with tours), then you are probably going to fall quite helplessly in love with this impressive degustation of Marc Daniel Nair’s travel poetry (as I did). Under Marc’s deft touch, a vivid tapestry of the best and worst of Bali, Vietnam, North Luzon, and India comes to life in the reader’s mind. When reading Chai, I was reminded...Read More
Author: Samantha De Silva
A cheerful pink monstrosity squats unapologetically in the center of a sterile bus interchange. Tentacles of garish plastic trinkets of no real use recline languorously on violently pink shelves. They are symptoms of a society with too much spending power and meager sensibility. A thousand heartbeats mingle and fade in the oblivious afternoon light. Nothing is private in this crowd; their faces, their sweat, their fears and dreams intermingle with yours to create a cacophony of the senses that is terrible and beautiful. A young man shuffles past, dragging his feet quickly, as if he is hesitant...Read More
The Daywalker Chronicles
- Hey [Insert Minority], Can’t You Take A Joke?
- HAR?talk Interview with PM Lee (in Singlish)
- 33 | Why We Need More Stories
- Date Someone Who Doesn’t Fuck Around About How They Feel (About Meat)
- Budget 2016 Reaction: 99 Problems, And A Solution Ain’t One of Them
- Explorer Joe Exotic Meats: Bad Taste or Brilliant?
- Yew Don’t Anyhow LKY
- MP David Ong Resigns: By-Election Battle Lai Liao
- Why Can’t Idiots Stop Dating Altogether?
- Gennelmen, Don’t Anyhowly Romance: FB Edition